A healthy diet is the best weapon in your arsenal against heart disease. According to research, eating healthy foods, maintaining the right weight, and not smoking can reduce cardiovascular diseases by 50 percent. Heredity is a big factor in determining your cholesterol level but this does not mean that you are doomed as all can proactively control their cholesterol levels.
You must incorporate diet and lifestyle changes in your life if your family has a history of heart disease or high cholesterol levels.
Though genetics and aging can lead to high cholesterol it is important to note that an unhealthy lifestyle can lead to its development. High cholesterol levels can be caused by smoking, obesity, lack of exercise, high intakes of sugar, and a diet high in trans and saturated fats.
High cholesterol levels can cause plaque accumulations in your arteries. This accumulation can inhibit blood flow and cause complications such as coronary artery disease, heart attack, and stroke. Cannatonic hemp can lower cholesterol levels and it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Some foods contain high cholesterol and eating too many of them can increase the cholesterol levels in your blood. These foods can include butter, processed meat, cream sauces, red meat, hard cheese, processed foods, and fried products.
Some diets can help you lower your cholesterol level. They include foods such as fish, vegetables, seeds, olives, red wine, and vegetable oils. There are low cholesterol meal plans that can help your health immensely.
Below is a Mediterranean diet plan that can help you lower your cholesterol level, and lose weight.
Mediterranean 7 Days diet plans
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with honey blueberries and walnuts.
- Lunch: Vegetable and hummus sandwiches.
- Supper: Roasted salmon, and garlic green beans.
- Breakfast: Peach yogurt parfait.
- Lunch: Rye sandwiches with tomatoes, and hummus.
- Supper: A chicken wrap with steamed broccoli, olive oil, and parmesan.
- Breakfast: A serving of Asian salmon.
- Lunch: A serving of green salad, celery, and peanut butter.
- Dinner: Vegetables stir fry.
- Breakfast: Gordon Ramsay’s scrambled eggs.
- Lunch: Mixed green salad, celery and peanut butter.
- Dinner: Tuna patties, green beans, and olive oil.
- Breakfast: Spinach, mushroom, and strawberries
- Lunch: Chicken, and avocado salad
- Supper: Kidney bean tortillas.
- Breakfast: Whole-wheat toast and southwestern eggs.
- Lunch: Caprese sandwich and almonds.
- Supper: Vegetable and chicken salad.
- Breakfast: Whole-wheat toast, egg white omelet, and servings of spinach.
- Lunch: Tuna stuffed pepper and an avocado.
- Supper: Servings of chicken labor.
You can also lower your cholesterol levels by going on a vegetarian diet. This diet is low in total fat, and saturated fat. It also has no animal products. While on this diet you are to eat foods that are rich in fiber, carbohydrates, and antioxidants. Foods to eat on a vegetarian diet include oatmeal, beans, whole grains, lentils, cruciferous vegetables, nuts, citrus fruits, olives, berries, soy products, and avocadoes. Below is a vegetable diet plan that can help you lower your cholesterol level. Learn more about the Mediterranean diet.
Vegetable 7 Days Diet Plans
- Breakfast: Protein yogurt, and blueberries.
- Lunch: Banana, almond butter, an avocado, and raisins.
- Supper: Pasta with steamed broccoli, mozzarella, parmesan, and olive oil.
- Breakfast: Pesto scrambled.
- Lunch: Vegetable and hummus sandwiches.
- Supper: Multigrain flatbread, mozzarella, hummus, and zucchini spears.
- Breakfast: Pear banana smoothie.
- Lunch: Rye sandwich, peanut butter, hummus, and carrots strips.
- Supper: Pasta with asparagus, and onions.
- Breakfast: Blueberry breakfast smoothie
- Lunch: Hummus and vegetable sandwich with bananas.
- Supper: Vegetarian quesadillas and hard-boiled eggs.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal, peaches, and blueberries.
- Lunch: Kale and pesto salad.
- Supper: Zucchini pasta and lemon cream sauce.
- Breakfast: Berry yogurt smoothie.
- Lunch: Southwestern salad and black beans.
- Supper: Grilled cheese, tomato, basil, and peppers.
- Breakfast: Green energy drink.
- Lunch: Cauliflower, mushrooms, and ranch snack.
- Supper: Rice and black beans.
Other low cholesterol weekly meal plans
- Breakfast: Oatmeals, berries and soy milk.
- Lunch: Sweet potato and Dijon mustard.
- Supper: Salmon and sweet chili sauce.
- Breakfast: Egg omelet with salsa and green onions.
- Lunch: Roasted Brussels sprout and spinach.
- Supper: Veggie patties and roasted red pepper.
- Breakfast: Homemade Muesli.
- Lunch: Edamame salad.
- Supper: Black bean soft tacos.
- Breakfast: Tofu scramble.
- Lunch: Toasted barley salad and mixed vegetables.
- Supper: Mango salsa and trout fillets.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries and soy milk.
- Lunch: Red bean soup and vegetables.
- Supper: Pritikin Caesar salad.
- Breakfast: Protein smoothie and Greek yogurt parfait.
- Lunch: Baked potato and vegetarian chili.
- Supper: Buffalo wings and blue cheese dip.
- Breakfast: Protein smoothie and eggs.
- Lunch: Edamame and cold sesame noodles.
- Supper: BBQ cauliflower steak and quinoa.
Another low cholesterol is
- Breakfast: Banana yogurt pots.
- Lunch: Edgy veggie wraps.
- Supper: Quick moussaka.
- Breakfast: Watermelon salad and tomatoes.
- Lunch: Cannellini bean salad.
- Supper: Salmon, potatoes, and corn salad.
- Breakfast: Blueberry oats.
- Lunch: Avocado salad with carrot, and oranges.
- Supper: Spicy tomato baked eggs.
- Breakfast: Mixed bean salad.
- Lunch: Banana yogurt pots.
- Supper: Lentil soup and spiced carrot.
- Breakfast: Tomato and watermelon salad.
- Lunch: Greek salad and quinoa.
- Supper: Panzanella salad.
- Breakfast: Stir-fried vegetable and quinoa.
- Lunch: Blueberry oats bowl.
- Supper: Bean mash and grilled vegetables.
- Breakfast: Banana yogurt.
- Lunch: Mediterranean beet salad.
- Supper: Moroccan chickpea soup.
A balanced diet can be used as a healthy lifestyle to reduce your cholesterol levels and lower the risk of you developing heart problems. Diets are good for your health and they are a good way for you to lose weight.